From: Edward Pius [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 1:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Channel problem

Hello,

        I have a very interesting situation. One of the applications using
MQ forgot to service the queue (meaning "GET" ing messages from the queue).
Hence, the queue filled up. But instead of trying to put the excess messages
in the DLQ on the receiving side, it started filling up the transmit queue.
Also, one of the side effects is that other applications using the same
transmit queue were temporarily out of commission. I have also seen the
receiver channel on the "GET" ing side pause.

        Has anybody come across this problem? The version of MQ is 5.2 with
CSD05 on Windows 2000 cluster. Most of the times in order to solve the
crisis what we have done is to stop and start MQ (which drains the messages
in the queue which filled up) and everything starts to work fine.

        What am I missing here....

        In appreciation,

Edward Pius.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
for your compliance.