Emile, Rebecca,
I have not changed the expiry attribute, I mean that I am not explicitly
changing the expiry attribute of the message in my application program. I
think the default is unlimited expiry time.
Do I have to set it to something so that messages remain ?

Plus, today we changed a few attributes of the transmission queue. We set
the trigger type to F and also set the inititation queue to
SYSTEM.CHANNEL.INITQ so that once a message is received in the transmission
queue the Channel is started from its inactive state.

But still there is some problem when we stop and restart a channel. Messages
just disappear. They are not found on the DLQ either.

Paul,
Can you explain what you mean by 'trace the channel' ?

Regards
Sundari