I have a question regarding security for MQSeries V5.2 on Windows NT that I think may
apply to other platforms as well.

When MQSeries initiates a process in response to a trigger event, that process runs
under a certain userid (e.g., MUSER_MQADMIN under NT).  The problem is, every
triggered executable will run under the same id.  This makes it difficult to grant
put/get permissions on queues, as there is no way to distinguish the executables that
will be doing the getting/putting.  I want to allow some executables to PUT to queue
A, and others to PUT to queue B, etc, but I don't see how.

IBM sent me a utility - INTLAUNCH - that can be configured with DCOMCNFG to start
applications under one further userid, but that's apparently as far as it goes.  I'm
wondering whether anyone has encountered a similar situation, and if there is a
solution short of writing custom trigger monitors.

Thanks in advance for your collective expertise!

John J Dodd
Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas
Corporate Trust & Agency Services Technology
100 Plaza One -- MS# JCY03 - 0605
Jersey City, NJ 07311
Phone: 201-593-6652 Cell: 917-647-1340
Pager: 800-225-0256/pin#9178026157

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender