From: Randy J Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Remote Queues
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:49:50 -0800

I am asking for some opinions on sending to remote queues without having a
remote queue definition on the sending queue manager just specifying remote
qmgr and remote queue name in the MQOPEN.

Usig this method.

      In the ObjectName field of the MQOD structure, specify the name of
      the remote queue, as known to the remote queue manager. In the
      ObjectQMgrName field, specify either:
            The name of the transmission queue that has the same name as
            the remote queue manager. Note that the name and case
            (capitals, lower case or a mixture) must match exactly.
            The name of a queue manager alias object that resolves to the
            destination queue manager or the transmission queue.

      This tells the queue manager the destination of the message as well
      as the transmission queue it needs to be put on to get there.

I know there are or maybe times when you "have to" do it this way but
overall I am not crazy about the lack of documentation involved using this
method.

Seems to me even if the sending application is not going to create and use
a remote queue def on its own local Qmgr one should or maybe should exist
just for documentation purposes.

Without this it seems there is no reasonable way to know exactly what is
being sent between Qmgrs.

Any comments??

As you can tell I think there should be I know an extra object created even
if not used just for documentational purposes otherwise when ask what is
going between these two qmgrs I have no idea.