>I disagree that out-of-box MQ message order guarantees are unusable: all limitations,
>explicitly spelled in the documentation sound
>quite reasonable to me and, for many (ok, some :-) ) applications, they can be obeyed
>without any harm.

Reminds me of a database programmer who cursors through a select without the "order
by" clause. The application passes all tests and runs fine for a long time. Then
someday, for some reason, the rows come back in the wrong order and nobody knows why.
Or worse, something gets screwed up and goes unnoticed.  Maybe somebody tweaked a
tuning parameter or some tablespaces were moved to a different disk drive.  Lizette's
experience is not all that uncommon and demonstrates exactly why MQ applications
should not rely on message order if it is important to the application.

I respect managers that take the extra effort to use best practices in the first
place. The additional effort to design the application for assuring message order is
trivial. If it's important to the business, then do it. The cost of figuring out what
wrong and fixing the damage likely outweighs the cost of a better design.