The INTEGERSIGNED field (if memory serves me correctly) is
treated as a Zoned Decimal field. In other words, the low
order byte will have the high order 4 bits set to "C" for
positive and "D" for negative numbers (system preferred
signs). I can't remember if it accepts "A" and "F" for
positive and "B" for negative as well. Packed decimal
arithmetic will accept any of the "A" through "F" bit
configurations in the sign position. It sounds like what is
getting passed across and converted in the sign position on
the host side is resulting in a bit configuration of 0
through 9 accounting for the data exception (S0C7).

Cheers...
Jim Nuckolls

Juni Per wrote:
Hi ,

I have the following COBOL copy book imported into WMQI(2.1 WinNT)

06  TESTVARIABLES.
        07  TESTINPUT.
           08  INTEGERNOSIGN   PIC 99.
           08  INTEGERSIGNED   PIC S99.
           08  DECIMALNOSIGN   PIC 99V99.
           08  DECIMALSIGNED   PIC S99V99.
           08  COMP3NOSIGN     PIC 99V99 COMP-3.
           08  COMP3SIGNED     PIC S99V99 COMP-3.

I assign the following values to them in a compute node

SET "OutputRoot"."MRM"."INTEGERNOSIGN" = 12;

SET "OutputRoot"."MRM"."INTEGERSIGNED" = -12;

SET "OutputRoot"."MRM"."DECIMALNOSIGN" = 1234;

SET "OutputRoot"."MRM"."DECIMALSIGNED" = -1234;

SET "OutputRoot"."MRM"."COMP3NOSIGN" = 5678;

SET "OutputRoot"."MRM"."COMP3SIGNED" = -678;

Now when a COBOL program on mainframe reads this message and moves into
the same copybook and displays the fields , I get an SOC 7 error for the
S99 field.WHat could be the problem. Pls respond.

THanks in ADvance