MaxChannels and MaxActiveChannels are global parameters. They specify the
maximum values regardless of how many listeners you have running or indeed
use inetd. There is no MQ parameter which limits the number that can
connect to a single listener.  In 5.3 you can have a single listener to
handle all your inbound channels regardless of how many there are. In this
case the connection is farmed out to a pool of channel processes. There are
parameters to control how many are farmed out to each process but we don't
document them 'cos in general you don't need to know.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development
IBM Hursley

                      Ruzi R
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: Max Channels
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      N.AC.AT>

Sid,

>if you run 5
> listners and you have MaxChannels set to 1000 does
> that mean there are 5000
> channels available (assuming server is capable of
> handling that many in
> bound connections).

I believe (someone will correct me if I am wrong) the
numbers that are set for   MAxChannels and
MAxActiveChannels are for a single port. So, in your
example, you will have max 5000 channels.

Best regards,

Ruzi