From: Daniel Graper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: setting up MQ environment on windows for Perl
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:05:11 -0500

Ian:
I am going to try the C compiler in the visual studio suite of
tools...

wish me luck

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/5/2003 12:49:22 PM >>>
Dan,

What C/C++ compiler are you using?
I could not get it working with Cygwin.

Ian

"Wyatt, T. Rob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/05/2003 11:28 AM Please respond to MQSeries List

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] cc: Subject: Re: setting up MQ environment on windows for Perl

Dan,

The MA89 just points to CPAN.  Hopefully, you've got the latest version
of
the Perl module from there - 1.21 I think.  I would definitely update
the
client, though.

Still, those things have little bearing on the build.  Where is the
build
failing?

-- T.Rob

-----Original Message----- From: Daniel Graper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 12:10 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: setting up MQ environment on windows for Perl

T.Rob: Thanks for the feedback. I'm using windows 2000, perl 5.8.0, MQ client 5.2.1 and the MQ Perl pac of MA89.

Dan

Daniel John Graper
Software Engineer
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/5/2003 11:41:56 AM >>>
Dan,

To make this work, I had to set the INCLUDE and LIB environment vars
point to the <mq install dir>/Tools/C/Include and <mq install
dir>/Lib,
respectively.  You may need to log off and back on for these to take
effect.
When you open a DOS prompt, do a "set" command and make sure you see
the
folders listed.

Once I had my environment vars set I was able to build the module
using
nmake (from Microsoft's Visual Studio).  Even though the "nmake test"
always
failed, my programs would run correctly.

Which versions of Windows, Perl and MQSeries module are you working
with?

-- T.Rob

I need to write a Perl script to run on my windows workstation that will access MQ message queues. I has dowloaded the Perl interpreter and installed the MQ client but am having some challenges installing the MQ perl libraries.

Has anyone out there installed the MA89 MQ modules for windows before?

thanks,
Dan

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided
in

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of slow downloads and busy signals? Get a high-speed Internet connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here. https://broadband.msn.com