From: Martha M. Mora [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 December 2003 00:49
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQ IMS Bridge question

Hello Peter,

I agree with Jim and Gary regarding the conversion - adding a couple of comments on the use of the IIH.  Is there a specific reason to include the IIH?  Usually, if there is no need to alter the IMS defaults taken without an IIH, there is no reason to add an IIH.

The Application Programming Guide (APG) documents the default behaviors when no IIH is utilized.  Usually, (except for any required IIH overrides documented in the Application Programming Reference), the most common reasons that would dictate use of the IIH have been included in a table in the APG covering different combinations of commit modes, message persistance, and t-pipes used by the bridge.  Familiarity with this usage is helpful in determining wether or not to use an IIH, as well as in understanding possible error messages that could surface due to illegal combinations of commit mode, t-pipe type, and persistance.

Regards,
Martha M. Mora
IBM WebSphere Innovation Centers