You may need to double check that you or someone didn't accidentally
configure the listener within the inetd.conf and services file.  Then if
you are trying to run runmqlsr it will complain that someone has that port.
Another recommendation for UNIX is to actually use the top end port numbers
(10000+), especially when you have multiple QMGRs.  It's not required, but
could resolve some headaches later on.  Plus you can scream at the
developers if they try to use those ports ;-)

Chris

|         |           Dhavala          |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           .NET>            |
|         |           "MQSeries List"  |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           n.AC.AT>         |
|         |           01/21/2004 04:16 |
|         |           "MQSeries List"  |

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                    |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: AMQ9213 & Bind failures on Solaris

 From the FFST it looks like the program is "runmqlsr" and which would mean
 that even though you believe your listener is starting and binding the
 port you asked for, fine enough, it sure seems to have some issues.  Try
 using some other port or find out who is using that particular port(1414,
 if it is so).

 Cheers
 Kumar