Thank you, that is helpful information, in many ways.

Peter Heggie

-----Original Message-----
From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of WR
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 2:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Websphere Technical Exchange?

At 10:07 AM 2/12/2004, Heggie, Peter wrote:
>Can someone compare the MQ content gained from Share vs. T&M
>conference? I've been to several conferences, but never to Share. I
>should describe myself as an intermediate level MQ administrator. A
>trip to New York will be easier to justify than a trip to Las Vegas,
>but if the conference content is significantly greater, then I'll stick

>to the conference.

Having attended several of both, my opinion is that Share offers more
variety and specificity, thereby allowing me to be more selective.
Also, since Share is a non-profit user group, the presentations seem to
be more honest and candid.  A lot of the presenters are "real-world"
users of the products who are not afraid to tell horror stories as well
as success stories.  There are always a lot of IBM folk presenting as
well, but because they are invited guests rather than the "owners" of
the conference, there seems to be more credibility in what they present.
Maximum cost is $1,595 for a full week attendance.  Discounts apply if
you are a member of Share, your company is a member, you register early,
or if you opt to only attend certain days.

My impression of the T&M conferences is that they tend to be more
"broad-brush", and since they are run by IBM, the sessions all seem to
follow the "party line" and present products in the best possible light.
Maximum cost is $1,925 for a full week with similar discounts as for
Share.

-Will

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and
are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to this message
and let the sender know.