Hi Ruzi,

It's quite dangerous to use ENQ/DEQ in conjunction with WebSphere MQ/CICS
triggered applications (If you don't know the consequences).

It requires a good program design. The reason to get me up of the chair is
the fact that you might lose triggers due to the triggering rules.

Let's have a small example, based on trigger-FIRST:

EXEC CICS ENQ
rc <> 0 then exec cics return

MQOPEN INPUT

MQGET w. wait
do while rc=0
  process data
  MQGET w. wait
  End
MQCLOSE
EXEC CICS DEC
EXEC CICS RETURN

This design will with 99% lose a trigger now and then, the reason is you get
the trigger message (MQTM) when the queue depth changes from 0->1, and the
queue is not open for input.

Why ?
Because there is a time gab between I'm issuing the MQCLOSE and EC DEQ. If
WebSphere MQ fires the trigger and a new program gets started, it might
issue the EC ENQ before the first incarnation have issed the EC DEC.
My second incarnation will therefore terminate after it's EC ENQ, and
therefore we've lost the MQTM, and will wait until the TRIGINT() expires,
which typicly never occurs the configurations I've seen.

Just my $0.02 ;o)

Kind regards
Jxrgen

PS: No hard feelings, I did spend about a month tracking down such a
situation with a missing MQTM......