From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Neil
Casey
Sent: Wednesday, 3 March 2004 10:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQ Message statistics

Hi Andre,

we use a locally developed an MQ Administration Interface (MQAI) program
which issues RESET Q STATS on each queue, and records the ENQCount,
DEQCount and MaxDepth for each queue in a file. We run it every 15 minutes
using cron (on unix) but you should be able to develop something similar
and run it using Windows facilities.

One thing to be careful of is that Performance Events (Service Interval or
QFull) also cause a Reset event on the queue, so if you enable them, you
need to be able to capture the stats from them as well.

Unfortunately, I can't release source due to Intellectual Property rights
(my company owns the code, not me).

Regards,

Neil C.

|         |           "van Zyl, Andre" |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           PPI.COM>         |
|         |           Sent by: MQSeries|
|         |           List             |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           n.AC.AT>         |
|         |           02/03/2004 20:19 |
|         |           MQSeries List    |

-----------------------------------|

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  MQ Message statistics

-----------------------------------|

My client has requested that I give them statistics on MQSeries messages (
volumes etc) on a monthly basis. There is no MQ monitoring / admin software
installed other than the standard MQ.

We have a hub and spoke architecture, and all mq messages currently flow
through the central windows 2000 server and use circular logging. No
clustering or MQclients are involved at this stage. On the hub we have WMQI
flows for message transformation and distribution purposes.

I would like to find out what the most optimal way would be to gather
statistics on message volumes passing through our central HUB server. The 2
options I am considering at the moment is to either use channel exits or to
actually modify the message flows to add another destination for each
message flow. This additional queue will trigger a program which will
collect stats for monthly reporting.

Any advice will be much appreciated!

(WMQI version 2.1 and WMQ version 5.3)

Andre van Zyl

Disclaimer

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or
confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message.
Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and
associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or
indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a
virus or the like.

Director Names

 A list of Sappi companies and the names of their directors can be
retrieved from http://www.sappi.com/home.asp?pid=644