Title: MQ Message statistics
Thanks for all the ideas. I think that the best would be to purchase some lightweight WMQ monitoring tool, else if 100% accuracy is not an issue, one can simply look at channel / queue stats figures at regular intervals to compile the required information as required.

Andre
-----Original Message-----
From: Adiraju, Rao [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 March 2004 11:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQ Message statistics

One simple option I can think off, is gathering the statistics from "Channel Status".   Channel status will give you the number of messages and number of bytes transmitted.

In absence of monitoring tools, I suggest to run a query every night to take a snap shot of channel status and analyse the figures from there (either through a script or program).  I do know that channel sequence number gets reset after reaching it's maximum defined on the channel definition and you have to factor this in counting the messages.  However, I am not sure how big are the other fields and when do they get reset - you have to give a go at them and see (unless somebody add some info from this forum). The fields of interest are:

        LSTSEQNO, BYTSSENT, BYTSRCVD, BUFSSENT, BUFSRCVD (and of course buffer size if you need).

Let us know, how it goes.

Cheers

Rao