Hi,

We have a problem on our systems that I hope someone might be kind enough to
respond to.  We are well stuck!

We have an up till now stable system where central servers on OS/390 write
persistent messages across a set of remote Windows queue managers.  All the
systems are 5.2.  The target queues are clustered aliases, one per remote,
each uniquely named, and resolving to a local queue.  The situation as I
write is that significant numbers of messages are stuck on one of the z/OS
systems SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE. The cluster channel is running, the
cluster has been refreshed at both ends, no in-doubt is reported.  The
source can open the target queue, the channel (both ends) reports a 'SAVED'
status.and yes, I did say please!

My suspicion is that the size of the unit of work exceeds the receiving
system's capacity, but we did redefine the system some months ago, to
increase the logs well in excess of what we believe to be demanded of it.
We are hounding our user to get some figures from them.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing the problem, or how to increase our
understanding of it?  Many thanks in advance of your charity.

        Regards, Alan