From: Miller, Dennis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 April 2004 12:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Microsoft MQ

Two important questions:
1. Does the vendor already have MSMQ infrastructure?
2. Does the vendor require local queuing?

If neither is true, you can easily demonstrate how WMQ client is cheaper, easier, and better than MSMQ. I doubt the presence of WMQ client would defeat the pretense of being all M$.

Unless your vendor already has a sunk MSMQ investment, the business case for MSMQ is unfavorable.  The ancillary MSMQ costs and additional support costs almost always outweigh the cost of a WMQ license. Expressed as "MSMQ is your choice, but either support it yourself or pay us the additional cost to do so", conveys the situation pretty fairly.

If both are true, economics probably won't be the decisive factor.  Maybe it depends on which of you can first be enticed out of your comfort zone.