Brant,

It's been a while since we last spoke.  BTW, there's a good possibility
that we're going to use Sungard for our D/R hot-site.  I believe it's the
one out by you in Pennsylvannia.  Anyway, I forwarded your notes to my
Oracle DBA.  When I first spoke with IBM Level 2, they mentioned using
SQLNET, but then never really followed-up on it.  Strange.

                      "Gutekunst, Brant"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      UNGARD.COM>                cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries          Subject: Re: MQ XA Oracle connect
problem
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      .AC.AT>

                      04/20/2004 08:25
                      AM

Hi Rick:

We had the same problem.  We resolved it by using the SqlNet parameter
in the XAOpenString.  (And update tnsnames.ora, etc.)

There was some finger pointing between IBM and Oracle at the time.  I
don't recall the precise source of the problem.  As I recall, it had
something to do with some changes Oracle made (to memory management?) at
version 9.

I don't know if there is a planned fix.  The word we got was that the
documentation would be updated to say that SqlNet is a mandatory param
at 5.3.