Title: RE: Qmanager Alias Definition?

Hossam,

I think your terminology may be a little off.  Here's what I understand you to be doing in part 1 according to the following from your original post:

"1- QM-1 sends a request message to QM-2, The MQMD will include the

ReplyToQManagerName ( QM-1 in this case), and ReplyToQName ( Dynamic

Queue created by a client Application-1)"

I understand this to mean that you are connecting to QM-1 (as a client, I think) and putting a message which you intend to be delivered to a local queue on QM-2.  In the message you have populated the reply to fields so that the response will be returned to QM-1 (on a dynamic queue).  This will work if a) you populate the MQOD.ObjectName with the name of the local request queue on QM-2 and if you populate the MQOD.ObjectQMgrName with QM-2.

In the base Java classes the MQOD.ObjectQMgrName is specified in either MQQueue constructor (4th parameter - queueManagerName) or the accessQueue method of the MQQueueManager (3rd parameter - queueManagerName).  As I said earlier, I'm not sure how your wrapper works, but it needs to give you access to this parameter for this to work.  Once the message gets to QM-1, and assuming you have a good channel to QM-2 with an xmitq named QM-2, the qmgr name resolution will handle the routing of the message.  You shouldn't have to do anything special.  If you can successfully use a remote queue from QM-1 to QM-2 without specifying an xmitq of another name, then the qmgr name resolution is working.  You only need a qmgr alias if the xmitq has a name different than the actual qmgr name, or if there is an intermediate qmgr through which you have to make a hop.

The other half of the process is described as follows:

"2- Client Application-2 listens on the Request Queue, process the

request, and puts back a response on QM-2 . Application-2 in this case

doesn't have any access to QM-1."

This looks like pretty much the same situation as #1.  The processing application on QM-2 gets the message and retrieves the reply-to info from the request message and sends a response.  Similarly to what is described for #1, the MQOD.ObjectName of the reply queue will be set to the replyToQName and the MQOD.ObjectQMgrName will be set to the replyToQMgrName.  If a good channel connection exists from QM-2 to QM-1 and the xmitq is named QM-1 then this should also work.

Nick

Nick