From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 5:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Problem with clearing a queue

Well, for one thing, if the channel is still running, it has the transmit
queue open for exclusive use. That means no other application can open the
queue for input (to get messages). If the channel is stopped, It would have
disabled gets on the queue when it went down, which has the same effect.
You would have to re-enable gets on the queue before you can clear it.

That said about xmit queues, I am surprised at the error, I would expect
something different, like "queue in use" or something similar.

Anyway, you may want to try ensuring the channel is down (stopped) and then
use MQSC commands to re-enable the get attribute on the queue and see if
that helps.

Bill Anderson
SITA Atlanta, GA
Standard Messaging Engineering
WebSphere MQ Service Owner
770-303-3503 (office)
404-915-3190 (cell)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mconnect.aero/

                      Gina McCarthy
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Problem with
clearing a queue
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      N.AC.AT>

                      05/24/2004 04:43
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      gimccarthy

I have a queue on AIX 5.3 that has 25000 msgs in it. It is a transmit
queue. One of the messages is 2.5M...too big. I cannot delete that message
nor can I clear the queue. I get the following error:

clear qlocal(OS4MQSP1)

AMQ8143: WebSphere MQ queue not empty.

Has any seen this? Any recommendations?

Regards,