From: John Elgie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 June 2004 10:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Why running rcdmqimg would free up linear log?

I am running a 5.3.0.5 qmgr on aix. We had a qmgr with linear logs that was not releasing an old log that it needed for media recovery.

There were no outstanding transactions from dspmqtrn.

Running rcdmqimg -m qmgr -t all \* immediately released the old log for media recovery. Support docs. specifically say the rcdmqimg does NOT do log checkpointing. Is this a co-incidence? or is there another reason?

John Elgie
8-3777 Kingsway, Burnaby, V5H 3Z7
Desk: (604)432-4675
Cell:   (604)315-7940

This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information and are intended for the named addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. It is your responsibility to check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or any other defect or error. Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's responsibility. The sender's entire liability will be limited to resupplying the material.