Just as a pure FYI, and I would recommend that anyone act on this, but
at various CSD levels for MQ v5 and V5.1, solaris threaded apps COULD
connect to multiple queue managers, even though it was officially not a
feature.  This not-a-feature seemed to come and go a couple of different
times, and I don't know what the current state of it is.

As you already know, the only supported platform for this feature is
windows, otherwise you need to either use client connections or do
sub-processes.

--
Kelly F. Hickel
Senior Software Architect

Pavel
> Tolkachev
> Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 3:31 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Connecting to more than one queue managers on solaris,
linux

> Thanks Dennis,
>
> This is a low-level monitoring application (requiring mqm credentials,
by
> the way). Making it an MQ client makes running listener or configured
> pre-requisite to operate the app even if there is no business purpose
for
> them to be there and creates a whole number of security issues with
the
> too-far-going implications of their possible solutions. I will have to
> either live with these consequences or go for running several
instances of
> the app instead (which is not ideal for my cause, either..).
>
> Pavel
>

>                       "Miller, Dennis"
>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Wien.AC.AT
>                       OM>                      cc:
>                       Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re:
Connecting to
> more than one queue managers on solaris, linux
>                       List
>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                       n.AC.AT>
>

>                       08/31/2004 04:05
>                       PM
>                       Please respond to
>                       MQSeries List
>

> Yes, you can do it in the server app. Just use the MQ client.  A
server
> app from the perspective of the application architecture can be a
client
> from the perspective of MQ.

Any