Thanks Kelly,

It is quite clear now.. will consider all options and make my decision..

Pavel

                      "Kelly F. Hickel"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: Connecting to more than
one queue managers on solaris, linux
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      n.AC.AT>

                      08/31/2004 04:57
                      PM

I'm sorry for the typo, but the phrase "and I would recommend", should
most definitely have been "and I would NOT recommend".....

--
Kelly F. Hickel
Senior Software Architect

Pavel
> > Tolkachev
> > Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 3:31 PM
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: Connecting to more than one queue managers on solaris,
> linux
> >
> > Thanks Dennis,
> >
> > This is a low-level monitoring application (requiring mqm
credentials,
> by
> > the way). Making it an MQ client makes running listener or
configured a
> > pre-requisite to operate the app even if there is no business
purpose
> for
> > them to be there and creates a whole number of security issues with
the
> > too-far-going implications of their possible solutions. I will have
> > either live with these consequences or go for running several
instances
> of
> > the app instead (which is not ideal for my cause, either..).
> >
> > Pavel
> >

> >                       "Miller, Dennis"
> >                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Wien.AC.AT
> >                       OM>                      cc:
> >                       Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re:
Connecting
> > more than one queue managers on solaris, linux
> >                       List
> >                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >                       n.AC.AT>
> >

> >                       08/31/2004 04:05
> >                       PM
> >                       Please respond to
> >                       MQSeries List
> >

> > Yes, you can do it in the server app. Just use the MQ client.  A
server
> > app from the perspective of the application architecture can be a
client
> > from the perspective of MQ.

If
> > you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
> > error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any