As some of you may know, I'm working on an enhancement to musescore which
implements ornament articulations such as trills (and others).  I'm making
heavy use of the function diatonicUpDown, which looks at a key and
calculates intervals restricted to the key signature.    This works great,
but is limited as mentioned in  this forum posting
<https://musescore.org/en/node/56281#comment-269526>  .

In particular, I'd like to get a trill such as
<https://musescore.org/sites/musescore.org/files/Screen%20Shot%202015-04-30%20at%2012.14.50.png>
.

Is there a similar function to diatonicUpDown which I can use which not only
looks at the key, but also looks to see which notes are most recently
sharpened, flattened or natural-ed earlier in the measure?

I notice that the interactive note entry in musescore understands
accidentals.  I.e., in the key of G, if I enter an F it is implicitly
interpreted as F#, but if is use the down arrow to make it F natural, then
enter another F, it is understood to be natural.

Of course I could write code to examine the measure backward from the note
searching for such a note.  Making this function property look at all the
voices in the measure could be tricky. Maybe there is already such a
function, or at least an implementation I can look at and copy.

I'd appreciate any clue about the correct way to code this.