Hallo Graeme,

Du schriebst am Tue, 04 Sep 2012 23:41:45 +0100:

> How do you pull a single file?

I don't - I don't have (had an opportunity to) set up a git repository yet.

> If you can do that, then I guess there must be a way... I just don't
> know how.

Now say, didn't everyone here imply that this must be possible?
(BTW, if that's _not_ so, I probabely won't ever set up a git repository
anyway and return to the subversion.)

> Then again, if you are worried about the size of the history, you can
> always tell git to clone a repository and only have one or two revisions
> as the history of each branch. This will make your download considerably
> smaller.

Fine - but doesn't really address the original question. But anyway, this
might be sufficient for the original poster, so let's keep it at that for
now.

> > But does that make the slow 384Kb connection go away for the people that
> > were around you before you moved?
>
> Obviously not, but I do consider myself considerate. That is why I think
> That's why fpGUI uses INF help files. Offline help, and the download
> size is a fraction of the size of equivalent CHM or zipped HTML files.
> That's just part of the reason for using the INF format, but not the
> only reasons.

That's very nice and truly helpful.

Did you know that there's een a law in Germany that _requires_ a
manufacturer (or importer) to supply a detailed printed manual in german,
otherwise the purchase would be regarded as incomplete? Can you imagine
that this is probabely one of the most often irrespected laws? That's
"modern times" these days...

(And then there are the cases where you are working at some machine in an
environment that would provide everything for direct access everywhere,
just you're not _allowed_ to do it because the machine may not have any
connection to any network that has an outside connection. Or it is located
in an area where it is impractical or even impossble to provide network
access, or it is mobile and has to be able to move freely. And still there
are software producers in that field that _do_ require internet access to
their sites to provide any support should you have a question.)

It's very good to know that there are still some persons who think about
such situations and provide solutions that are really usable.