On 01/12/13 07:26, Ivanko B wrote:
> AGIF are worse in that they can't be paused unless open in a special
> graphics editor so irrelevant for tuitorals etc.
> But they're excelnet just for demonstrating

Exactly, Animated GIFs are only efficient if they are short. Plus I find
them easier to make and opitimise than AVI's. Short AVI's also tend to
be much larger than the same video as an Animated GIF - no idea why.

The GIMP (graphics editor) has excellent Animated GIF support, and can
optimise successive images only to contain the difference between the
previous frame - making the whole animated gif much smaller.

Sieghard is correct though, animated gifs are limited to 256 colors, so
if you do full screen videos, it is preferred that your desktop
background has a solid image (looks better in any video anyway).

Anyway, enough about videos. :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/