On 2013-02-12 21:54, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> Where is tthreadid for freebsd defined? I could not find it in rtl.

------------[ rtl/bsd/sysosh.inc ]--------------------

type
  { fd are int in C also for 64bit targets (x86_64) }
  THandle = Longint;
  TThreadRec = record end;
  TThreadID  = ^TThreadRec;

  { pthread_mutex_t }
  PRTLCriticalSection = ^TRTLCriticalSection;
  TRTLCriticalSection = {$i pmutext.inc}

----------------------[ end ]------------------------

Please see the messages I posted in fpc-devel for more details about all
the FPC issues with FreeBSD. TThreadID is a pointer to an a opaque type
(it can be anything - so no assumptions can be made). So I simply casted
GetCurrentThreadID to PtrUInt, so I can treat the pointer value as a
"thread id". Many libraries like OpenSSL etc do the same under FreeBSD.
You can't actually get a numerical value of a running thread under
FreeBSD, but you can name each thread - but that requires a different
(FreeBSD specific) API call.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/