Hallo Martin,

Du schriebst am Sun, 10 Nov 2013 15:47:30 +0100:

> Can you describe how "typing easy" with your editor program works so it
> is as easy to enter "cardinal32" as typing "card32"?

Yes. It doesn't, as I don't _want_ to have such a feature. I _do_ want to
type myself, without interference from some well-meaning(ly designed)
automatism.
(But I know this stuff, from LibreOffice, e.g., where I was to lazy yet to
disable it. In LibreOffice, this is a "self-learning" automat that tries to
recognize already used words and phrases and to complete the partial entry
while you type. Usually, the suggested completions don't fit...
BTW, the Delphi IDE, at least some versions of it, offers a similar
feature, though I think to recall that it only offers predefined fixed
completions - just what would be of use here. After the completion is
displayed, you have to accept it before you type on, then you can add to
the word or use it as is.
I don't like this because it requires one to be _aware_ of the feature and
always be on the watch for a completion to accept [or reject] it, which I
find is more distracting than useful. But others might think different,
otherwise this feature wouldn't be offered, I suppose.)