On 20/12/2020 4:58 pm, fredvs wrote:
> So I have very sad news, I give it up at the moment for Rpi OS 64 bit.
> It is very rare that I take such a decision, I am a explorer_warrior after
> all.

If you still have the energy and passion, an alternative could be FreeBSD on
the RPi.

https://wiki.freebsd.org/action/show/arm/Raspberry%20Pi?action=show&redirect=FreeBSD%2Farm%2FRaspberry+Pi

I have heard some good things about it. Both FreeBSD 12.x and 13-CURRENT
apparently works well on RPi3 and RPi4.

FreeBSD installs can be made quite small, and you can get in minimalist
development
system and desktop environment running without much effort. But then you should
know all about that - thanks to your experiences with polYdev. :-)

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/