Hello Sieghard, hello Graeme.

Thanks for your lights.

Yes, I am excited to try FreeBSD on the Rpi aarch64.
But ... there is no fpc target for FreeBSD-aarch64.

About the problems with openfile() from clib, it is fixed now, and gives a
valid handle.

But there is problem also now with fstat(handle, _stat) from clib, it always
give a -1 result (in place of 0).
I have added the _stat table for aarch64 (taken from fpc 3.2.0 aarch64) and
use this one but without success, the result is always -1.
Sadly I am blocked, same result using stat(filename, _stat), I dont see what
is wrong.

> Maybe it's time to use more FPC standard methods for
> opening/reading/writing/savingdata.

I totally agree with Graeme about the mse-open/write/stat access to files
and data.
Martin wanted to be totally independent from sysutils and threads of fpc, it
is ok, but in fact it limits mse.

For my mse applications, I use now the standard fpc methods and all works
like charms for the  mse GUI widgets.

But mseide himself only uses the mse build-in methods and it is very
difficult to adapt it when a new release of fpc appears or a new OS target.

The positive is that it is absolutely possible to compile and run mse
applications for linux-aarch64.
But at the moment, for access files and data, better use the standard fpc
methods.

Happy, creative, different, sane, safe new year.