On 15/03/2021 10:02 pm, fredvs wrote:
> Sorry for my ignorance, but does NV refers to NVidia?

Yes, the proprietary NVidia driver. It is so much faster and feature rich
compared to the open source equivalent. It's basically source code with
some binary blobs. Much the same as the Broadcom wireless driver (which
everybody uses anyway).

> And about those graphic drivers, with a Intel i5 and his build-in graphic
> card, is it allowed to use a other graphic driver than the Intel one?

You have to use the Intel one. Linux incudes a Intel driver. Not sure how
good it is though.

I've always used physical video cards.... Initially
ATI Radeon, but after the terrible experience with the open source
driver (and no proprietary driver from AMD), I switch to NVidia and
never looked back. The proprietary NVidia driver is available for Windows,
Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris etc. As far as I know it's the same code for
all platforms, and same driver versions.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/