De : Sieghard via mseide-msegui-talk <mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Envoyé : mardi 25 janvier 2022 00:13
À : mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net
<mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc : Sieghard <s_c_...@arcor.de>
Objet : Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hello back!

Hallo Fred,

in the process of translating your ideU, I just tried to create a
project (based on a previous mseide project) to evaluate the wording
fürther. But there's a problem, maybe even several problems.
For one, the ideU _does_ save its settings in file
"~/.config/ideU/ideU.ini", but it seems not to be able to correctly
reload it later. I did set it to german language, but it always comes
up with english, even though it shows german a set "as standard". When
I switch it back to german, all the words are there, so this must be a
problem with set up after loading.
For another, it didn't want to create a new projekt from any source,
neither from a template, a program or an empty one, always producing
an "Access violation" error. I then tried to set up a project by just
a project by saving the settings produced. but that didn't work either.
Interestingly, _some_ settings are remembered, e.g. the last project
name, and several previous directories. It did even reload the last
project's form, but couldn't even restore the source editor form I
saved before, and neither any other windows. THe .prj file produced is
substantial, about 15K bytes big, but there are bigger ones, even such
saved by the "old" mseide, or your ideU in its src directory.

(BTW, I noticed that you did not preset a C compiler, though all
other entries have presets - wouldn't it be sensible to just insert
"gcc" in this place?)

With these problems, it's kind of hard to assess the terminology used
and provide sensible translations. I must have done something wrong,
set up something incorrectly or use it in some unecpected (?) manner.
My system runs on a more or less common clone PC, AMD processor with
integrated GPU using the "amdgpu" driver of Linux. "uname -a" produces
"Linux Achmuehle.WOR 5.13.12 #1 SMP Wed Aug 18 10:10:09 CDT 2021 x86_64
AMD A10-9700 RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux"
The distribution is Slackware (current), Free Pascal Compiler version
3.2.2 [2021/12/05] for x86_64, mseide-msegui-5.6.4. My graphic
environment is mainly gtk based, using openbox as a window manager,
but no "destop environment" (not even LXDE or lxQt).

Do you have a clue what might be wrong?
Thank you in advance for any hints.