Hallo Fred van Stappen,

vous ecrit au Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:43:06 +0000:

> > Got that, about the reaults please see below.
>
> Hum, this link is automatically updated after each commit and it
> seems that you did not use the last one. But ok, the comments are for
> the last commit too.

That's very well possible, given that I'm not constantly able to work
on the stuff - customer's requirements must have precedence.

> > I'm now using the fpc unit path override method to access the
> > "dynpo" alternate units, as exemplified in my modifications of your
> In last commit of mseide-msegui ( one month ago )
> the "dynpo" alternate unit was merged into the original mseconst.pas
> unit. So no need to do complicated command line nor copy-paste that
> unit, only use the "-dmse_dynpo" parameter.

IF the many instances of "{$ifdef mse_dynpo}" should have gone, that's
good news. I DID find quite a few of them, and took the aforementioned
measure only to get rid of the instances where even units were
switched. By using the method mentioned above, ALL of these could be
resolved, leaving only a few places where alternative statements had
to be used. And even those could have been avoided if appropriate
adaptation functions were provided.

> In last commit /mseide-msegui/tools/potools/  was added your PotoMo
> and MOdemo projects. Many thanks for this.

Thank you for your kind regard.

> It was modified to use last commit of msegui and there is now a new
> unit: captionmodemo.pas where all the captions of the project are
> added.

Fine, I'll sure give it a look, when time allows.
> It would be great if you could check
> in /mseide-msegui/tools/potools/  your PotoMo and MOdemo projects
> ( if all ok with the modifications, here it works perfectly).

As this stuff is not very well tested and still a project in the
making, there ought to be rough corners, and all in all, it's still
too application dependent for my liking. I'm about to use aother
approach, but as I'm at a problem with a customer's project, time to
work at it is a bit scarce right now. I hope I can resolve the
problem soon, but...

> >As I was unclear about a few of the
> >wordings, I put those, along with some comments, into a file named
> >"unklar" for your reference.
>
> Many thanks for this.
> I agree with all your suppositions-suggestions and for the "not
> understood":
>
> > msgid "Annul"
> > msgstr "Abbrechen"
> > #################### I could not find that used somewhere
> (and others)
>
> Those captions are used by msegui widgetset.

I'll have to look for them. "Annul" is not really translatable to
german anyway, and if "Abbrechen" doesn't always fit, that might turn
out to be a somewhat hard case.

> > msgid "Universal path layout"
> Martin invented a "Universal path layout" (how to call this?), that
> is based on the Unix way. So in Windows normally you use for example
> "C:\adirectory\aotherdirectory\" but with msegui and mseide, by
> default, you will get this: "/C/adirectory/aotherdirectory/".

Ahh, I see. Yes, I remember the discussion quite some time ago. It's a
construct somewhat similar to Microsoft's "unified path names" (or
"UNC" paths, "Universal Naming Convention" or so), which begin with a
double (back) slash, though, and do not use a "drive letter" any more.
Ok, then the translation applies, the term is kind of arbitrary anyway.

> I will do a new release of ideU with all your notes.

That's ok with me.

> About mseide-msegui maybe it will be time also to do a new release
> because lot of change were done since last release.

Well, that's fine, but it makes it somewhat difficult for developments
to stay "in sync", especially if the releases concern the very parts
being under development.
But, of course, that's the currently prevailing paradigm,
"release early, release often"... (Or so)

I'll try to stay on tune.