Hello Sieghard.

>I have a question concerning your extended filedialogx.
>I've run into severe problems with its statfile handling.
> It seems to me that saving the layout dependent settings simply cannot work.

Hum, sorry but I dont catch what you mean.
Here, with the "original" filedialogx, when you change the layout (and assigned
a stat file for the component), it is saved.
Of course the position is saved too.
So, if you want to assign a custom position, imho, the easier is to use
tfiledialogxfo.oneventloopstart() and change the position there:

Something like this (of course dummy code):

procedure tfiledialogxfo.oneventloopstart(const Sender: TObject);
begin
if container.optionposition = op_default then donothing() // the position of
stat file will be used

else if container.optionposition = op_customposition1 then  // a custom
position will overwrite the position of the stat file
     begin
     left := customposition1left;
     top :=  customposition1top;
     end

else if container.optionposition = op_customposition2 then  // a other custom
position will overwrite the position of the stat file
     begin
     left := customposition2left;
     top :=  customposition2top;
     end