Hi!

I've got a mistake to fix...

I wrote:

>Did you know that you shouldn't put the MoonSound volume too high? If you
>do, it will clip the sound and it will sound bad.
>I made a single channel that plays a sample which uses the full amplitude
>range. I put the volume for that channel on maximum and put the mixer on
>maximum too. About one third of the sample was clipped! And this occurs
when >playing a single channel, the other 23 were silent.
>Does anyone know what mixer setting MoonBlaster uses? I use %010 (2) for
>both channels now, that avoids clipping in most cases and is still loud
>enough.

Well, it was my PC soundcard (PCI SoundBlaster) that did the clipping. I
blamed the MoonSound although it was not doing anything wrong...

The strange thing is that my soundcard clips around sample value 24000,
instead of 32767 as one would expect of a 16-bit sample. That's why I
thought the MoonSound did the clipping.

OK, a new MSX sound card trivia:
Did you know that Konami used 90 different SCC instruments in Solid Snake?
And it seems they can also mix instruments when playing, creating a new
waveform from two different source waveforms. This feature is not present
in any other Konami replayer I've ever seen.

Bye,
                Maarten