Hi all,

"Stefano Fronteddu"  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  had diz problem:

> I've got a MSX2 NMS8280 by Philips. I'd like to know what are the voltages
> of power supply.
> With my tester I've found
>
> +12  ?  ?  -12
>
> What are the right value that I can't found ?

If you're talking about the power connector near the front
panel/power switch, marked as "PC", and have this in front of you,
values should be (from left to right):

5 (yellow) = -12 volts
4 (black) = GND (0)
3 (blue) = +5
2 = no connection
1(red) = +12

> Is there anybody that is able to send me the electrical schemas of my
> NMS8280 ? I need any kind of information about this machine, any schema, I
> need this information as soon as possible because I have to repair my MSX. I
> need it working again !

I have this, but it would be kind of difficult to send a copy to
Italy, and have you pay for the costs.
Don't have it online, and I don't have the time to put all the pages
through a scanner. Would give too many big files anyway.
Cleaning/re-working these would take too big an amount of time.

If you want, I can help you with the repair though, by checking my
schematics with your findings/observations/measurements.
I did this once before, and it got a NMS8280 in Belgium repaired.
I would need EXACT answers to questions to you, for that. Please mail
me if you think it would help.

> Moreover I know that there is someone (in russia I think) that have put
> NMS8280 motherboard in a PC case.
> Is there a way yo use PC power supply with my NMS8280 motherboard ?

No problemo. Yust make sure you make the right connections.
(+5 to +5, GND to GND, etc.)
A mistake here can kill your computer in a sec     >;-((

Alwin Henseler            ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

http://huizen.dds.nl/~alwinh/msx          MSX Tech Doc page
http://huizen.dds.nl/~alwinh/for_sale
  anyone in the Netherlands still needs a 486 mainboard? (sorry  ;-)