On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:10:28 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I tried to follow this discussion, but I think there's something
>going wrong in the communication:

>        Eric (confused) :-)

Ehm, there was a little misunderstanding between disk and floppy :-)

A brief summary :

Floppy Disk :

They are the same for PC and MSX, there are two types of floppy :
1) 720Kb floppy (it has one hole in the bottom with the switch for read only)
2) 1,44 mb floppy (it has two holes in the bottom)

8245 = Can read only 720Kb floppies with his original drive, using a PC drive can read
also the others.

8235 = Can read only one side of 720Kb floppies, so only 360Kb, using a PC drive can
read also the others.

Floppy Drive :
The  MSX floppy driver has a different connecor than a PC one(720kb), but a part form
that
they are quite the same, so if you change or modify the flat cable you can use a
normal PC floppy with
your MSX.

For the 8235 the problem is greater, because it can read only one side of the disk, so
you must change
the controller eprom and probably (????) use a pin or two of the external drive
connector.

Are you less confused ? :-)

Or More ? :-(

by Frengo