Hi, all

> I want to build MSX3. But I think, MSX2 has very bad memory manager
> Mapper. If I use Z380 the mapper is not need. But DOS2 using mapper and I
> will have a problem porting software. Secont VDP is stopped since. I can
> build 9990 using FPGA but ... The problem compatibilities is too. The MSX2
> slot is old. It has no DMA or large adress bus. It  is bad. You can see
> SNES. It has 8 chanels DMA.

 I don't think at all that the memory mapper is a problem. You can
build a memory mapper compatible to MSX2 and you can run DOS2 softwares
on you new machine, say MSX3.

 Also you can build huge memory for 4G linear address space of Z380.
And new softwares based on MSX3 can use the linear address. I think
that we need a standard in the memory structure for MSX3. One method
is to build a switch for changing the memory structure. And other
method is to use address decoding. For example, memory mapper when
the address is below 64KB, and linear address when >64KB.

> We can build vdp compatibilite with SNES. And can to write full speed
> emulator. Flex10K can reconfigure many times. It has internal config RAM !

 VDP is a problem really. I don't know V9958/V9990 is available now.
But I think Flex10K is very expensive and not fast enough. I'm currently
using 10K50. It is very hard (seems to be impossible) to obtain 30MHz
performance when logics become complex. VDP is very complex...

 I hope that Yamaha produces VDPs... Or we force him to produce...?

> I have idea MSX3 can hase PCI.

 Can you explain more details?

                                                            - Jun.