At 10:21 PM 02/12/99 +0100, you wrote:

>> I made a replayer source that can play both MFM and MWM songs. With a very
>> small modification it could play 24 wave and 18 FM channels.
>>
>> What you would need in addition is something to make those kind of files.
>
>You know what!! It would be great for games!

Note that the replayer will execute slower if it has to play more channels.
So if you have a game that needs a lot of CPU power, such a replayer may be
a problem.

>Let the composer use 24 or more channels, and despite of it you will have
>many channels left for sound-fx!?!

Yes, you could let the composer use for example 12 FM channels and 12 wave
channels, which leaves 12 wave channels for SFX.

>What's the trick?

There is no trick.
The OPL4 has two independant synthesizers: the FM part (OPL3 compatible)
and the wave part. The only reason MBFM allows just 6 wave channels is that
Remco Schrijvers decided there would be only 6. Probably because it would
make the code of MBFM more similar to MBWAVE which uses 24 channels.

Bye,
                Maarten