On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:39:26 +0100 (CET), Frengo wrote:

>>most big rectifiers can hold peek currents from more then 50A
>>but only for a very , very short time.
>But if the fuse is 3A, does not burn if current is more then 5A ?
Hell yes... but the process takes a little and if the peak has
gone before the fuse goes a l'ast, the fuse survives, by now.

>Or it can hold it wor a short while ?
A standard fuse (fast fuse) will need few time to burn...  I guess
that will take less than a second.
A slow fuse will stand a while more.
However I cannot give you precise times because I do not
have tables for little fuses.

CYA