At 11:34 AM 3/4/99 -0300, you wrote:

>> So MegaRAM only supports Konami cartridges.
>>
>> Isn't there some MegaRAM-alike around which also supports the other
>> cartridge-types, which works for eample like this:
>>
>> OUT (#8E),00 sets Konami Cartridge
>> OUT (#8E),00 sets other cartridge etc etc...
>
>No, there isn't. But the most part of the Megarom cartridges is compatible
>with the Konami standard.

It's pretty easy to adapt a ROM file to work on a different MegaROM type.
Depending on the ROM, it typically takes 2 to 15 minutes. And that is
manually in a hex editor, semi-automatic conversion could be much faster.

I have done it several times to run ROMs in my 512K ESE-SCC. ESE-SCC
hardware is different from MegaRAM, but the principles are the same.

>In Brazil, after Megaram had been released, the Megarom games that had
>16kb blocks or other different stuff were converted to the Konami style.

Even better than converting yourself: converted ROMs are already around.

Bye,
                Maarten