Marco Antonio Simon dal Poz wrote:

> > MegaRAM does allow such a page switch, right?
>
> Yes, Megaram accepts the block number in every memory position within the
> addressable area of the block. LD (4000h),A and LD (5FFFh),A have the same
> effect (after a OUT (8Eh),A ). This happened exactly because Megaram was
> designed to simulate perfectly the most part of the Megarom games. After
> that, a few softwares were designed to take profit from that.

Also, MegaROM games uses four external mappers for selection.

MegaROMs on-chip (Texas 27010 = 1Mbit: 16 pages x 16384 x 8bits)
Pages are selected when write register (only one register), whit
instruction LD (ADDRESS), PAGE .

The standart mapper on-chip reserves 8 bit for this register, on
full capacity allowed 4.194.304 bytes (16k * 256).

> And after that, the program sends a cancel command to the FDC. Some time
> after I made my conversions, I discovered that the brazilian diskrom could
> read 1kb sectors, but that was too late.

Can I know your FDC/disk routines ?

MARUJO.
|               | |_| |_ __  _  __    | WALTER BERNARDO NUNES |
|             /|| |_   _|  \| |/ /    | [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
 \          /  || | | |    _|  /     / Graduacao Fisica-UFRGS |
     \__/______||___|___|___|_|_ /  [tag ainda nao disponivel]