        Well, I don't agree here. For you maybe, but for some of us the
linking itself is fun to do. It is an expansion, and expansions are always
nice. For me, I have the PC to work on, play games etc. But my MSX has a
special place in my heart so I keep it to play games on my 70cm TV sitting
comfortable on a couch.

> > 2)  Why not programming something to read a PC hard disk from a MSX ?
> > It would be useful for MSX with no IDE o SCSI interface...
>
> It would be really slow, it wouldn't work with normal things like
> disk-roms and it wouldn't even be that much cheaper. An IDE interface
> costs about 41 euros. A PC to MSX cable would cost about 8 euros. I agree
> the difference is 33 euro, which is not little, but if you want a
> harddisk, it is worth it...

        Again, I don't agree. Maarten has made a diskrom to access files on
a diskimage which resides on the PC. So it should be very compatible. I'm
now investigating other ways to do the communication (increasing the speed,
while preserving low-level disk-rom access) Maybe I'll use an ARCnet
interface.
        The cool part here is that you can 'manage' your disks and files on
the PC (it has the power you need to move your 250+ disks around in 2
minutes, do text searches across your entire software-collection etc. etc.)
and use them on your 100% compatible emulator ;-)
        About the costs: OK, the IDE interface is rather cheap. But you
forget about the HD itself!
        And the fact that you need DOS2 to use a HD, which makes it, well, a
95% compatible emulator ;-)

        Besides, for me it's fun to design an interface, communication is
something that I always liked.
        Greeeetz
        Patrick