] > The standard doesn't say anything about the method that the diskrom should
] > use. So, it's just the case on many MSXs. The standard only says that the
] > interface should use memory addresses to transfer data between CPU and
] > FDC.
]
] Ok, but this means that using DMA in page 1 is against MSX standard, or
] not?
I can say three things about  accessing data in page 1:

1) It is no problem at all under MSX-DOS when you use address #0005 to access
the BDOS.

2) It might be a problem when you are working under basic, using  address
#F37D to access the BDOS. Though, I'm not sure about that.

3) It is definitely a problem if you call phydio directly, either via 0x144
in the BIOS or via 0x4010 in the diskrom.

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Alex Wulms/XelaSoft - MSX of anders NIX - Linux 4 ever
See my homepage for info on the  *** XSA *** format