On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Alex Wulms wrote:

> ] Ok, but this means that using DMA in page 1 is against MSX standard, or
> ] not?
> I can say three things about  accessing data in page 1:
>
> 1) It is no problem at all under MSX-DOS when you use address #0005 to access
> the BDOS.
>
> 2) It might be a problem when you are working under basic, using  address
> #F37D to access the BDOS. Though, I'm not sure about that.

Why it might be a problem?

> 3) It is definitely a problem if you call phydio directly, either via 0x144
> in the BIOS or via 0x4010 in the diskrom.

I ever used this routine calling 0144h or FFA7h and I have never had
problems! What's the matter?

Greetings from Brazil!

Marco Antonio Simon Dal Poz        http://www.lsi.usp.br/~mdalpoz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   "Apple" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton

    /"\
    \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
     X  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
    / \