On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Anne de Raad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On the Tilburgfair I bought the IDE-interface from Sunrise....I flashed the
> latest BIOS in the cartridge (1.91) and I connected the IDE-interface to my

I believe Sunrise has distributed still the 'old' bios 1.86 in Tilburg on
the softwaredisk. So make sure you really got 1.9x

> ZIPdrive in my pc.....
>
> I inserted a blank ZIPdisc and I wanted to create some partitions on
> it......
>
> But I can't get this done.....
>
> I want to boot idefdisk from my diskdrive, but the IDE system has to be
> installed to be able to partition.... Okay, the manual says keep pressing
> <CTRL> during startup. The IDE system will load but no driveletters are
> assigned.........
ok. this is all normal.
there will be booted from floppy.

> I have tried this many times, but nothing works. When I startup with <CTRL>
> and I try to start idefdisk from floppy, the program says
>
> No IDE system installed during startup!
> The IDE bios should be at least version 1.9!
this is strange.
I guess I made an error in the bios when pressing CTRL; I suppose the bios
returns too early before installing the appropriate parameter in
SLTWRK. I'll check it out and fix it in bios 1.92.
Sorry!

jon