At 15:15 21/05/1999 GMT, you wrote:
>On 21 May 1999 14:58:13 +0200, in local.msx.int you wrote:
>> At 00:52 19/05/99 +0200, you wrote:
>> >An average PC/PSX 3D scene contains a lot of vertices and textures.
>> >that amount of data with an MSX is no fun. Maybe a turbo R with CD-ROM can
>> >do it in reasonable time, but MSX2 with floppy, nah...
>>
>>         Well, I saw some Japanese homepages where there were something like
>> that. Surely it wasn't a full rendered image moving in real time, but it
>> was a colored wireframe one, like that from Elite.
>>
>> >Also, the MSX bus is slow so both the 3D transformations and the texture
>> >mapping would have to be done in the 3D hardware. Talking about "using the
>> >computer only as a power supply"...
>>
>>         Are you (not Maarten, but everybody) thinking about placing a 3D
>> chipset into our MSXs? Hmmm, surely our problem won't be preparing the
>> evaluation board, but who'll write this hypotetical BIOS?
>>
>> >Actually, what I'd like to see on MSX is MP3 playing. Not in software,
that
>> >would be too slow. But using an MP3 decoding IC, the MSX would have no
>> >problem to supply the data. After all, 128kbps is only 16K/sec, a CD-ROM,
>> >HD or ZIP on MSX can do that easily.
>>
>>         Sure I saw another homepage about some MP3 decoding ICs, but
>> unfortunately I didn't get the URL.
>>
>>         Does anyone know more information about the ESE DSP Unit? It would
>> be a nice idea, placing a MP3 decoding scheme into it. As they said, you'll
>> load up to 4 drivers, where you can have J-PEG and/or M-PEG decoding, SCC
>> and/or Moonsound emulation... Why not a MP3 decoding "module"?

Well, I think a MP3 decoding IC will be a good idea, and not difficult do
realize, but how much does it cost to make it?? I think that the cost will
be to high for a normal user, and for that thinks and at that cost there is
alredy the PC...
The 3DCard is stupid because isn't impossible to make... problably will be
a bit difficult to realize a BIOS, but do we realy need it??

if i want 3D Games/CARDS i use my PC... if i want to play very good games
nice and playable i use my MSX... a too big evolution of the msx will bring
it to the destruction of the playability like the PC
________
|      |
--|  |--
  |  |AVANX