>> > Each second takes 150Kb (in 10 frames mode). So each frame takes up 30
>> > sectors.
>>
>>   Is a sooooo large throughput...
>
> Hahahah ! Surely ... even for the PC that's much data !

    (!?)

>>   Are you sure? If I'm using a 8x CD-ROM I can obtain a necessary
>>   transfer rate.. I believe thatthe problem is because the conversion of
>>   one "2048 bytes" sector to four "512 bytes" sectors...
>
> I bet that the problem is DOS2.
> If someone develops a "direct access" MSXCDEX I think that will  be
>possible.

    I don't think so. In spite of using direct access to the CD-ROM drive
(not using MSXCDEX), it is not fast enough. Maybe using some manufacturer
unique SCSI commands, it would work, but I don't know.
    Another solution is writing a new EVA player that uses a diferent way of
reading/decoding the files.

    Bye,

    Manuel