> >>  Yes, but MSX has "power-horse" to decompress data and maintain
> >>  synchro?
> >    I don't think so.
>
>         Maybe it can be done using a special video compression algorithm.
> FLI files, for example, uses an algorithm where they have the 1st frame
> stored and the differences between the 1st and the 2nd, the 2nd and the
> 3rd, etc. So, instead of storing all frames, you'll store the 1st and the
> differences between them.

Yes. MPEG does that too, I believe. You can combine that with run-length
encoding easily. There was an article in one of the last issues of MCCM
about that. including a player which could play animated files full-screen.

>         It's even easy to think about a animation file-format 4 MSX who
> doesn't consume much processor time. It can be done, 'cause I saw it done.
> Miguel Freitas, from Rio had developed a animation file-format 4 MSX,
where
> he used Mapper and this idea. Sorry, I didn't get his program.

I can look up the MCCM-program... there was a complete B-disk assigned to
it, including about 10, 15 animation files.