> >>Well, then maybe we can disassemble and adapt turboR-programs. I mean,
the
> >>only non-Z380 compatible instructions are MULUW and MULUB, aren't
they???
> >>The other ones also work on a Z80 (though undocumented). I bet the Z380
has
> >>a good counterpart for MULUW and MULUB... So that shouldn't be too
> >>difficult. Just search for the opcode and replace it.
> >
> >  It can be made by hardware, because Z380 has a special feature, like an
> >interrupt when an unknown command is found... So these instructions can
> >be redirected to another single processor that only execute these
> >instructions.
>
> That only works if the opcodes are unused (no instruction is mapped to
> them). But if a different Z380 instruction is mapped to the R800 opcode,
it
> is not trapped but the (wrong) Z380 instruction is executed instead.
> I think the latter is the case: R800 opcodes speficy different
instructions
> on Z380.

Are you talking about the doubled instructions like the 'second' LD HL,(nn)
etc.??? I think thase aren't used anyway, because their counterpart is
smaller and faster.

> >  I think it would be nice to make the suggestions and discussions here,
and
> >the need for a Web page will be only to comunicate to everyone the
> >decisions (and not the suggestions or ideas).
>
> Yes, the web page will serve as a reference and a log, but it won't be the
> place where the discussion is held.

Agree.

~Grauw "to go where no-one has gone before"

--
          email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
             visit the Datax homepage at http://datax.cjb.net/
MSX fair Bussum / MSX Marathon homepage: http://msxfair.cjb.net/