At 11:47 PM 9/2/99 +0200, you wrote:

>Does BDOS use the standard TPA segments if you use the BDOS call
>random block read to read a file ?

>From the DOS2 Program Interface Specification: (section 2.5)
"Any disk transfers will be done to the RAM segments which are paged in
when the function call is made, even if they are not the original TPA
segments."

So, if Memman tells DOS2 which segments are selected (I assume it does),
this is not the problem.

However, there is a restriction on the slot the RAM must be in:
"environment strings and disk transfer areas must be in the mapper RAM slot."

I think "the mapper RAM slot" means the main mapper (primairy mapper slot).
On turbo R, this is the internal mapper, on other MSXes this is the largest
mapper. It's always the mapper that is used for the TPA.

Bye,
                Maarten